Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Blueberry Butter.. YUM

So when we decided to move all the way from Arizona to Minnesota.. I knew what I was getting myself into. I grew up in North Dakota so I know what winter is all about.

But one thing I didn't realize, is that Blueberries are all around us every summer! We used to pick Choke Cherries and Raspberries when I was a kid, but never Blueberries! Who knew!  I love Blueberries.

So, when I came across a recipe recently, I was super excited to give it a try.

You've heard of Apple Butter right? I have a recipe for it on my sidebar. Well, what about Blueberry Butter?!! Eh?? I know!


I have adapted my recipe from THIS ONE. I'm not a fan of things super sweet. So I added a few more Blueberries and cut the sugar in half.

And the best part - you make it in the Crock Pot.

Blueberry Plum Butter

6 Pints of fresh Blueberries
5 Plums
1 Cup White Sugar
Juice of 1 Lemon

Wash Blueberries and remove all the stems. Wash Plums and cut in 1/2 to remove the pit.

Put Blueberries and Plums into food processor and blend until you have a puree. Pour puree into Crock Pot and cook on HIGH for 1 hour.

Reduce to LOW and cook for 6-8 hours or until it has reduced and consistency is thick like Apple Butter. 

When you in the final hour of cooking remove lid and add Sugar and Lemon Juice. Cook for final hour and then spoon into 1/2 pint jars. Recipe makes 5-6 1/2 pints or 3 pints.  

Enjoy!!
Pin It

3 comments:

sunny said...

I've never heard of blueberry butter. But I know i love apple butter, peach butter and pumpkin butter, so why not. And I remember picking choke cherries. Still my favorite jelly in the whole world. No one around here has ever heard of choke cherries.

Anonymous said...

i havent heard of it either,but how cute do those jars look.xx

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

I haven't heard of choke cherries, either. But I was elated to find a blueberry farm near my home in CA. LOVE them. Will have to give this a try! :) Thanks for sharing!