Thursday, November 18, 2010

Bookworm!

A few years ago I discovered one of my all time favorite quilting books. I pick it up every now and then for inspiration. Every time I look at it, something new jumps out at me. Material Obsession... Not only the title of the book but also a condition that I struggle with daily.

But.. last week, Bobbi over at Crafty Vegas Mom (the best cousin EVER!!) sent me a little b'day gift.

This has seriously become my new favorite.. Both these books are a must have for your Quilting Library. I've been carrying this new one around with me from room to room as I do chores. And.. any chance I get to sit.. I'm thrumbing through it.

This book has so many adorable and easy quilts to make. The instructions are great - and I love how she has little tips throughout. Kinda reminds me of the books for "dummies". Very beginner friendly! And all using precuts. Which is something I have way too much of... wait - is that possible? Can you have too much fabric?

If you have a quilter on your Christmas List.. this would be a perfect gift for them. Or maybe Mrs Claus could buy herself one give one to you! Pin It

7 comments:

Denise :) said...

I have the first one and love it. I think I--err, Mrs. Clause--may need to get the second one for me, too! :)

Anonymous said...

I have neither of those books and now I think I need them both - especially the second one as I need beginner friendly (ie dummie) books lol.

Mrs Claus is taking notes!!

Helen in Switzerland said...

I received the second one from that nice Mr Amazon this week - couldn't agree with you more. It's gorgeous! The quilts aren't very challenging - but the layout and colour schemes are a real inspiration. It made me want to make something pretty!

Micki said...

They look like good books! I will look into them!
Micki

Val said...

I love the books. I bet if my Mom sees them she will get them. She loves a good book. I also wanted you to know that I have posted my FNSI projects. Thank you so much for the encouragement.

Angie said...

I love the first one! It is my favorite book. I will have to check out the second....thanks for sharing.

boysmum2 said...

May have to check if they are available in NZ and then hint to the husband. he is always asking what I would like....mmmn now where to start looking