Sunday, March 21, 2010

Winners and Slacker(s)!!

Where did I go? Where have I been all weekend? Why didn't I post yesterday what I worked on Friday Night? Well, I don't have a good excuse.. but if I did, it would be one of these

1. I think my computer has a virus.. it's crazy slow.. beyond crazy slow.
2. I pulled a muscle in my back Saturday morning.. lifting a sleeping 6yr old.. it hurts to breathe
3. My husband left EARLY Sunday morning for a business trip (before the Sun came up)
4. I had mounds of laundry to do before said business trip
5. My kids both got new bikes.. so I've been outside ALOT!

All true.. but still no excuse. I'm the slacker.. All I worked on Friday Night was this...

It is a curling iron sleeve for my sister. She asked me to make her one... and it feels good to have it off the to-do list. If anyone is interested.. I can do a quick tutorial. They are super easy and great for traveling. Or if you are like me and hate to leave the curling iron on the counter.. you can put it away as soon as you are done if you have one of these!

Now you are probably wondering who the Winner is?  Once again - we have two. One on my blog and one on Bobbi's.

Over here the winner is #94 - Dawn from over at http://www.quiltingbydawn.blogspot.com/

Dawn, please email me your address and I'll get this little package in the mail to you.


And finally - one last tease about the next Friday Night Sew-in which will be on April 16th.

After much conversation this weekend between Bobbi and me - we have decided that we will be adding a fun alternative to the April Sew-in. It will be an optional alternative... details will come within the week along with signups.

Now, if you haven't already, go over to Bobbi's blog and see who her lucky winner is!! Pin It

9 comments:

Lydia said...

I would love to see a tutorial for that curling iron sleeve! Very clever!!

OliveStreetStudio said...

darn...another Friday night I missed. I am going to give my hubby plenty of notice for April...I'm determined to sew-in next time.

Crystal Hendrix said...

Yes a tutorial please!!

Bev C said...

Yes please, then my children will not leave the curling iron all over the bathroom!!! Can't wait to see what you have come up with us for next month. Don't you love it when kids get bikes--watch me Mum!!! Have fun with your children. Happy days.

Bev.xoxo

Lis Harwood said...

It's not about quantity is it? I love your curling tong bag - just what I need for my daughter's straighteners, please share the tutorial when you have a moment. Thanks for another terrific FNSI :)

Grethe said...

Sounds interesting,count me in.
Happy Quilting from GrannyGrethe.

Poppyprint said...

Excellent, I can make the next one! Missed you all this time. Hope the kids are enjoying their new rides.

Edna said...

Ohhhh.... this sounds VERY interesting! Wonder what you have up your sleeve to entice us????

CJ said...

Optional alternative???? Hmmmmm
Well the 16th will probably work for me!