Friday, March 5, 2010

Can he build it?

Yes he can!

I come from a pretty good sized extended family. My Dad is one of 6 kids (5boys 1girl). My Grandmother had 6 kids in 8 years... Can you beleive that?!!! From those 6 kids came 12 girls and 5 boy grandchildren. We grew up very close.. within minutes of each other. My Grandmother always made sure we spent holidays together.. and weekends at the lakes.. a lot of memories that I cherish.

My Dad's youngest brother happens to be Bobbi's Dad - he is the baby of the family and today is his 66th Birthday. He is also my Godfather - and my favorite uncle. His name is Ken.
Here they are last summer for our annual 4th of July party. I have pictures of them doing cannonballs too.. so funny!

Bobbi and I come from a very crafty family - our Grandma was a quilter and our Dad's love to build things. Bobbi's Dad has made me many things over the years that I cherish.. Here are just a few.

The table... I have it in my front entry..

These dish towels..

The aphgan was for my youngest when he was born.. and the flag pillow he made me was during my "Americana" phase.

Those are just a few of the things.. each of my boys also has a chest that he made them. I use them to store keepsakes for them.

Like most families - we have some crazy's.. some quirks.. but most of all - we are FUN!! and I wouldn't trade em for anything.

Happy Birthday Kenny!!!
Pin It

4 comments:

Bobbi said...

that is such a great post about my dad!!! he is special...they all are! what i love most about our family...we LOVE to LAUGH!

loulee said...

It's great that you have keepsakes, especially that they are handmade.

Val said...

Happy Birthday Bobbi's dad!! Looks like a fun family to me. Now I see where you & Bobbi get your craftiness from.

Poppyprint said...

Your uncle does embroidery???? That's the coolest thing I ever heard. Love the table he made you, too. Happy Birthday Uncle Kenny!