Sunday, October 28, 2012

My FNSI Results

I had a very productive Friday Night!

A few months back, I joined the Fat Quarter Shop Mystery Block of the Month. I joined late so they mailed me 4 months to catch me up. Then I received Octobers block in the mail and as I stared at my pile of 5 pkgs... I knew if I didn't get caught up now, I would be in trouble.


 
So, I spent Friday Night making all these...

 
Now, most of you have been around the FNSI for awhile. So you know that I am a true believer in preparation. During the days before FNSI, I cut all the fabric for each block so it would all be ready Friday and all I would need to do is just sit down and start sewing. If I hadn't done that preparation, I would just be showing you a pile of cut fabric.
 
I was a little shocked to see how much fabric they send you for these block of the month clubs. I definitely have enough fabric to make 2 of each block. I just might do that over the next few months.
 
Aaaah.. it feels good to be caught up! Now I'm off to see what some of you worked on!
Pin It

15 comments:

Quilt Doodle Designs said...

Your blocks are beautiful! Love the colors...

Needled Mom said...

Those are really gorgeous. I love the colors too.

sunny said...

Good for you! I stopped doing BOM's, because once I get behind (and I always do) I tend to lose interest, and future installments get tossed into a box, never to be seen again. Love your fabric choices.

Jackie said...

Congratulations on your finished blocks. I've signed up for these blocks too, but have not done one thing with them. TFS yours.
Jackie

stitchersanon said...

They are lovely, fantastic colours. I have never heard of BOMs...something to consider methinks xxatedlowe 11

Maria said...

Beautiful BOM blocks. Great you caught up.
Love the colour combination Heidi.

Christine M said...

Your blocks look great Heidi. I bet you feel good now you are up to date with the BOM!

Teresa said...

Looks like you had a good night:)

Jeanette said...

Love you blocks. They are gorgeous. Hugs,

Kindred Quilts said...

Nice of you to admit you had all the cutting taken care before Friday night... I saw the picture first and thought, WOW!, she works fast! Well, I'm still impressed that you got all five of them pieced in one night! And they are so cute!

Sisbabestitches said...

Great effort for a Friday night even with all the prep. Now how easy is next months going to be to get done being one little lonesome block :)

Roseanne said...

Love all your blocks and I had a good night with FNSI got lots done.

Gemini Jen NZ said...

I have been doing the same BOM and the colours are so gorgeous! You are right about the amount of fabric - I always have a lot left over too! I have only just received my Oct block and it will have to sit for a while with all the other WIPs I need to finish first for Christmas!

Unknown said...

Great job done by you.congrats

kayerj said...

that's going to be a pretty quilt. seeing this post reminded me that i forgot to post my FNSI. i'll have to go do that. I got a quilt on the frames and started quilting it.