School has finally started again! The first day was last Tuesday. and with that comes Fall and more time for sewing.
Although I do Love Summer, here is a list of things I won't miss...
1. My messy house..I will be honest, it's never spotless, but man those kids can make a giant mess when they are home.
2. The extra grocery expense. Why does it seem like they eat more? I pack them a daily lunch during school so it's not like I get out of any meals.
3. Week day sleepovers. I know I'm the parent and I could say "no" to this, but it's Summer and I feel like they should have some extra excitement. (Maybe this is where the extra groceries are coming from? Hmmm)
4. "I'm bored". The dreaded two word sentence.
5. The days I actually go to the office so I can get some peace and then I get the screaming phone call "he's being mean to me....aaaahhh... Here he comes.... Mom....help...." these calls usually end with me talking through clenched teeth "put your brother on the phone...put your brother on the phone... PUT YOUR BROTHER ON THE PHONE!!!"
Please tell me this is normal!?
Needless to say, I was so excited about the first day of school, I almost slept in the car!
The Insomniac’s Guide to Homeschooling at Night
8 hours ago