Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Sunday Bike Ride

This past weekend, the 4 of us took a bike ride. I really didn't have time for it because I had quite a few sewing projects that I needed to finish. You see, I was hopping on a plane early Monday morning to go to Phoenix for the entire week to meet my new team. Since I used to live there, I was planning to see some friends and I had gifts to deliver.

But - my husband convinced me (with guilt) to take a break from all the sewing and enjoy the Fall colors before they are gone. I'm glad I did.. 

Here we are taking a little break... we rode 8 miles. 


The pictures don't even begin to show how pretty it was. 


The air was cold crisp.. and clean.. and the sky was so blue.
 

This is a bridge that goes over the St Louis River... 


It was early in the morning. But I wish it had been closer to noon so Sun would have higher in the sky and made this a much better picture. 






Is this a cute picture?! My boys look so happy. Makes you think that they were actually getting along doesn't it? Pictures are deceiving - what you don't know is that they argued almost the entire way over who would be in front of the pack.

"I'm first!"

"Na Ah.. it's my turn to be first!"

"You always get to be first!"

"WHAT? - being born first wasn't enough for you?!!"

"MOM.. he's riding to close to my back wheel!!!!"

"MOM?"... "MOM"....

"DAD.. Mom's ignoring us!!"


And on that note.. I'll "Leave" you with this beautiful picture...


P.S. I'm still in Phoenix - so I'll be sharing more pictures of all the things that I made and carried in my suitcase. Stay tuned!

Pin It

11 comments:

sunny said...

Oh I'm so glad you chose to take the time to spend with family in nature! Beautiful pictures. Maybe I'll get my bike out today?

Cheryll said...

What a lovely story! Boys will be boys... but how could you not just LoVe 'em ! Enjoy Phoenix. :)

Ruth said...

All those pretty leaves! The boy's face show that it's really worth taking a little time to enjoy the outdoors! :-)

Impera Magna said...

What a beautiful bike ride that was... even accompanied by sibling squabbling!

Hope you're having fun in Phoenix!

Peggy said...

Aren't those fall colors gorgeous!

PinkGranny said...

Great pictures and I am glad you took the time to go for the ride. How is your job working out for you?

Maria said...

What a lovely way to pass time. Riding bikes with the family in such a beautiful place.

Lis Harwood said...

What a lovely set of photos, and your boys look angelic!

Michele said...

Oh, I love the fall colors! We don't get much of that here in Florida. Thanks for sharing the pictures. What a lovely time with family :-) I have boys too! Ah, memories ;-)

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful post Heidi and those pics are so pretty.Lol,yep siblings.
Enjoy Phoenix.

Craft to Do said...

Pick me, I would love to take that bike ride. The northern hemisphere changes of season are so much more stunning than ours. Sandra