Monday, November 15, 2010

This should be a Screensaver!

Well - we got more snow. I hope you aren't tired of seeing snow pictures!? But after living in the desert southwest for over a decade... we can't get enough of the snow right now. I'm sure that will change.. oh.. around January or so!

And this time it is so beautiful. And when you stand outside.. it's quiet and peaceful. No cars.. no noise.. that is until one of my boys throws snow in his brothers face. Then there is laughter and a few tears mixed in.. followed by me or their Dad saying "Shake it off buddy." It's all good.

These first pictures have really bad lighting - but it wasn't easy taking pictures of the scene out the window. Just couldn't get the lighting right to do the view justice. But hopefully you can get the idea.

This first is out our living room window...
 And here is out the dining room window...
 And this is over the kitchen sink.. Kinda makes you want to stand there and do dishes huh?
Here is my oldest in the snow.. look how content he is..
 And my little guy.. building a mini snowman.
 And here is the view out my sewing room window. I had 3 visitors while I was sewing yesterday afternoon. We put the regular corn out there for them and also some apples as a special winter treat.
 Now for the best pictures..

This was on the way to take my boys to school this morning. I kept pulling over to take pictures.. needless to say - they were getting frustrated with me. But my oldest son did say "Wow.. this should be a screensaver." And I couldn't agree more!!
 How would you like to live down this drive way?!!! I wish I did.. stunning!
Hopefully you are enjoying winter in your part of the world! Or Summer for those of you across the Equator. Pin It

14 comments:

Monica said...

WOW!!! Beautiful pictures :-) I bet the boys are beyond excited. Good to hear you guys are enjoying it...for now :-P

Libby said...

Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing your snow with us! I would love it too!

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

I can't wait for snow here in Mid-Missouri.
Love your pictures!

Poppyprint said...

Those are some pretty fabulous views!

Leanne said...

Beautiful photos.
seems so unreal seeing snow when we are heading into summer.
Keep warm!

Love Leanne Nz

Kathi said...

OMG! You are crazy!! From one extreme to the other!!!

Gorgeous!! Keep warm!

K~

Needled Mom said...

Gorgeous scenery!!!! The first snows are always so exciting.

The Gaertegang Homestead said...

Ohhh my you do have SNOW and lots of it already!!! Beautiful pics, thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous photos - you all are having so much fun :0)

RobynLouise said...

After 30 degrees Celcius (about 86F) yesterday I think I'll just visit your blog when I need to cool off :D!
Don't worry about the lighting in the photos as it gives it a magical, surreal feel with black on white and the kitchen looks like it's been taken in sepia which makes it look real Christmassy to me. I'd take your son's advice and make the landscape photo a desktop or a screen saver as it may never look quite the same again.

Michelle said...

Beautiful pics! I wish I could be as enthusiastic about snow as you. We just moved to Kansas from the desert Southwest, and I'm already missing the sun.

Mrs A said...

I just love your photos, snow is magical, its so much fun to play in, and it looks so beautiful, Thanks for sharing,

Narelle said...

Wow! Your photos are amazing!
I can never see too many snow photos...I've never been to the snow.

Melody said...

Wow, your surroundings are so beautiful. I hope you share more pics with us.