Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Christmas complete...

Wouldn't that be nice if I actually could say "Christmas complete".. as in all the shopping done? Wishful thinking on my part.. I've barely begun.

But I did finished the Christmas Wall hanging and wanted to share some of the completed pictures.

I quilted this one by hand and couldn’t be happier with the results.



I also added buttons as the holly berries to give it dimension.

The fabrics for the main body are from the "12 days of Christmas" group by Henry Glass. The binding is from the line “Fruitcake” by Basic Grey for Moda.

I wasn’t sure about my binding choice – I had initially planned on going with a green binding. But I’m glad I went with what I did.

Next – I plan on making a Mantle Quilt that coordinates with this wall hanging. Let’s hope it looks as good on the mantle as it does on paper!

Pin It

9 comments:

Denise :) said...

Oh how sweet! And I'm so (selfishly) glad it didn't mean all your shopping was done -- I'd have been terribly jealous! LOL! Happy Thanksgiving, Heidi! :)

Wendy said...

oh this is just wonderful! I love it, I bet it was great fun to make. I am determined to have finished next year's christmas by this time - I'm starting in January. I'm so stressed out about this Christmas it's unbelievable!!

paulette said...

Gorgeous!! And the binding finishes it off perfectly!!
Paulette

Lis Harwood said...

It's lovely, I wish I was as far on with Christmas as you!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Your wallhanging is darling. Did you create the pattern. I really like it.

Helen in Switzerland said...

Lovely Heidi! Who needs presents anyway when you've got such a nice wallhanging?

Anonymous said...

Your wallhanging is gorgeous - I love the text fabric you used in the tree and the buttons work great.

Yep - not even started my Christmas shopping yet and it's like a month today! YIKES!

Vivian said...

I really love this cute Christmas quilt. My problem with being finished with Christmas is that I keep seeing more great quilts that I want to make. lol

boysmum2 said...

Happy thanksgiving. Awesome quilt look forward to seeing the mantle part too