Sunday, June 13, 2010

Procrastination... I'm good at it.

So way back in March - a conversation with a friend from out of state went something like this..

Jackee - Hey Heidi, would you have time to make me two purses/bags?
Me - OF COURSE!!!! I can do them while the kids are on Spring Break!!
Jackee - Are you sure? I already have the fabric for one of them so I will mail it to you.
Me - No problem.. put it in the mail and I'll get it done.

Yeah.. like 3 months later!!!!! I'm so bad sometimes!

I'm really happy with how they turned out though.. This is a pattern from Lazy Girl Designs called "The Miranda Day Bag".

This is the one I made with the fabric she sent me...


And below is the one that I made with fabric I had on hand. I had to use corduroy on the very bottom of course.. because I love corduroy.



I'm getting them in the mail to her tomorrow!!! I hope they are everything she wants them to be! Pin It

9 comments:

Annie said...

Great bags I'm sure your friend will think the are worth the wait.

Jane said...

oh, I am sure she will, they are fabulous.

Helen in Switzerland said...

Heidi, they look great! So professional!!! How about a tutorial when you get time (ha!) - I'd love to know how to make bags like these!
How is the packing going?

Denise said...

The bags look great I am sure she will think they were worth the wait :0)

Brenda said...

I absolutely love the black and white bag!Wish it was for me. Your friend will love the bags.

Needled Mom said...

I'm sure she will love them!!

Jess in Progress said...

Did you use a pattern? I love the way look! Especially the black and white one!

Unknown said...

I especially like the black one!!!

Diane said...

Those are both super cute and worth the wait!