Here are a few things I've learned as we've been driving from state to state for the past 3 days...
- People still hitchhike
- Even my dog, Biscuit, doesn't like Sunchips! bleck!
- Biscuit does likes Honey Roasted Cashews
- Kids can eat their weight in munchies when bored
- Kids do a number on your car when traveling.. no matter how many time you say "ALL your trash goes in this bag"
- I forgot how blue the sky is when you aren't looking at it through pollution (sorry Phoenix.. but it's true)
- My dogs bladder can actually tell time! She woke me up nightly at 2am in each hotel/city/time zone.
- No one looks good walking a dog at 2 am.
So today is a day of rest and then we will be unloading our truck tomorrow in Duluth. We can't wait to see my husband - the kids and I haven't seen him since early May!!! He's been there working the new job and getting to know the town. We got a new house in Hermantown - which is just outside of Duluth. I can't wait to see it in person - I've only seen pictures.. lots of pictures.
Speaking of pictures.. here are a few from the road...
Somewhere in Colorado...
My trusty sidekick, Biscuit. She get's car sick so she was taking Dramamine every morning. It helped her sleep and rest. She did so good!!
The sunrise yesterday morning.. somewhere over Nebraska.
I'm excited for this trip to be over and be at our new house. I have a lot of unpacking to do and can't wait to sleep in my own bed again.
I'm arriving at a good time too! The Minnesota Shop Hop is coming July 30th. I won't be traveling the entire state - but I will be visiting some of the quilt stores in the Duluth area! Anyone want to join me?Pin It