Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Small window into room redo's

Well, the boys bedrooms are pretty much complete. Still have a few things to do - but I'm moving on to other projects for now.

I didn't just move furniture this time - I went deep into the closets.. cleaned them totally out and started over. I donated 2 loads of toys to Goodwill.. I have 2 bags of clothes and a giant box of books in the back of my car waiting to go to Goodwill as well.

Here are a couple pictures from my oldests bedroom...
 I found this nightstand at Walmart on clearance for $65. Perfect for a kids bedroom.
Here is a picture of his license plate collection - he only has 5 states and one Canadian Province (Ontario) so far. So if you have an old license plate sitting around.. we'll take it off your hands.

And here is a snapshot of the little guys room. I found these bins at Target.. they come in 2 cube sections for $19. I'd show you more of the room, but it's pretty bare. I realized that the last time he had his own room he was a baby - so I don't have anything to hang on his walls and the room is so big it looks empty.

I should have taken before pictures - but I couldn't bring myself to show you. You would have said "Whoa".

But I promise.. I'm doing my closet and our laundry room next.. and I will keep it real and show you the befores and afters.

I have been sewing too - but it's for a baby gift  so I can't show you yet.

Pin It

7 comments:

Suburban Stitcher said...

Looks great! That nightstand was a great deal!

Poppyprint said...

That must feel HUGELY satisfying!!! I LOVE clearing out. Must do more...and by the way, that is the tidiest 'big boy' room I've ever seen.

Cheryl said...

What a find on that nightstand! What great rooms!

Grethe said...

Very nice - very tidy - great rooms
Love the bedspreads, your boys are
lucky boys.I am now at a special cleaning stage, although when my DG`s visit,all things end on the floor again.Granny`s enjoyable work. :-) and Happy Quilting to you.

Jane said...

Having two boys, I have a pretty good idea of what they were like. It's a great feeling to get them sorted from time to time, it doesn't take long for them to fill them up again

Micki said...

The bedroom is very beautiful!
Love the nightstand!
Micki

bingo~bonnie said...

Still collecting licensee plates for your son's room??? I have one from when we lived in Georgia. It just hanging there in the garage by it's lonesome self. Let me know your mailing addy if you'd like to have it.

Love from Texas! ~bonnie