Wednesday, January 20, 2010

She's a DUDE!!

As you may or may not know.. I am married with two petri dishes.. er.. um.. I mean children. Both boys.. both funny.. but right now they both have nasty colds.

And me with my immune system that makes most mothers green with envy.. rarely gets sick. I have been triumphant many times at keeping JUST ONE person sick and not spreading it around the family. I'm always diligent about wiping down the places germs like to live.. like door knobs.. phones.. remote controls.. fridge handle.. kitchen drawer handles.. faucet handles.. even the light switches. My oldest even had H1N1 in early November and no one else in the family got it.. I'm pretty proud of that one.

But.. not this time. First the oldest got the cold.. then my youngest.. and now me. My youngest told me this morning "Mom, you sound like a dude!". We had fun with that one.

So.. here is my treatment plan..

And YES.. that is my sewing machine behind the tissues and it is a part of my treatment plan! I'm on my way to the sewing room now. I'm going to work on my signature blocks and maybe catch up on some 9 patch squares (I can't tackle anything that takes a lot of thought, so no free motion quilting today).

Now what color lipstick goes best with a pasty white face and a red nose?

Pin It

11 comments:

MandMStudio said...

Red...pink would clash. Feel better soon:)

Nichole said...

i'd go with some clear lip gloss. :)

i hope you feel better soon!

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Oh, the joys of motherhood. Feel well soon!

Paula said...

I agree with Nicole, some clear gloss would be wonderful!!! Hey DUDE, hope you're better soon!

Poppyprint said...

teehee, straight Vaseline on those lips, honey. Hope you can kick that cold soon.

Patty said...

Bright red! Hope you feel better soon. I just on the other side of that cold/flu thingy. I rarely get sick too.

Cindy said...

I'd go with as bright as possible and maybe you can scare away the germs.

Bobbi said...

hilarious!!! i have always envied your immune system...but age catches up with you. OYID!

coral lipstick...it will give your cheeks color.

ktquilts said...

Sorry to hear that you are under the weather. Just over from the Potholder pass. Glad to hear you are in on the Siggy Swap as well! I can't wait to see your creations!!

Blessings,
KT

dianne said...

i'm thinking solferino (that's a new color i learned from Bronze Wombat) ... now get out those pickled eggs and eat a couple of them - vinegar is great for de-germing, innit?

Val said...

Chap stick will probably feel the best. I hope you feel better soon.