Monday, January 11, 2010

Quilters Magic Wand.. and Lisa's Block

As I sat down to do the block for my fellow Quilter Bee, Lisa, I pulled out my handy tool called the Quilters Magic Wand. Have you ever seen these? I found mine at my LQS a while back.

They have multiple uses - but my favorite is to use it for half square triangles. The wand is a 1/2 inch wide with a line down the middle. You set the line on the corners.. then trace a line along each side.
Above is my drawn lines.... Then you sew on the lines...

And then cut down the center.

Press open and whalah.. two half square triangles. How simple!
Below is my Churn Dash block that I made for Lisa. I will be mailing it back to her tomorrow! It's hard to tell by the picture, but her fabric is so pretty. It has yellow and corn flower blue flowers. So pretty and feminine.

I'm excited to see her finished quilt!
Pin It

11 comments:

Nichole said...

that's a neat little wand you have there!

Val said...

Oh yes, I have one. I love it. Your block is wonderful.

Poppyprint said...

That is a very, very pretty block.

Crystal Hendrix said...

Oh I want one! Those look nice!

Bobbi said...

OH THATS what its for! i took the one you gave me....waved it over moms quilt 2 days before christmas to see if it would finish itself. LOL
i watch too much wizards of waverly place with matt. the block is really cute!

Unknown said...

pretty cool little gadget...I may have to find one...

Maria said...

That's a neat tool I will have to see if I can get one here in Ausssie.

Lissa Jane said...

Aha! thats what they are for.. must tell my boys, they thought they were miniature jousting sticks!

take care

Lissa
Australi

Micki said...

I have that tool and it is wonderful!
Micki

Juliejaz said...

What a handy little thing! I'm going to have to get me one of those.

CJ said...

I want one!!! One place I found it online wanted way too much for shipping that teeny little thing - more than they were charging for the teeny little thing. :S