Wednesday, January 27, 2010

More Postage Stamp Quilt-Along details


Ok, now that I know quite a few of you are interested in the Postage Stamp Quilt-Along, I will give a few additional details.

Like I said - this is meant to be a scraps buster - but it doesn't have to be.

The pieces of fabric that we will be working with will be 1 1/2 x 21 inches. So keep that in mind as you dig through your scraps for fabrics to use.

The 1 1/2 x 21 inch size also means that this is a great project to use some Fat Quarters up. So if you have some in your stash that you want to use.. dig those out too.

Using the white or cream between each color square is totally optional. This would be a gorgeous quilt without the white or cream.
I also want to stress how easy this is going to be - I think you will all be amazed at how fast this quilt goes together. This is a great beginner project!

When we are ready to begin - I will start a flickr group for everyone to share their progress and/or tips/ideas. Joining the flickr group is a totally optional part of the quilt-along. I won't be giving anyone "the boot" for not sharing like I've heard some other groups have done.

This is about having fun, being motivated, encouraged and to maybe learn something new while doing something that brings us joy!

I also created a button for the Quilt-Along. It is in my sidebar. You can grab it for your blog if you would like.
Pin It

27 comments:

Val said...

I posted the button on my blog. So do we go ahead and start cutting with those measurements now?

Carol said...

Thanks for setting this up Heidi. I'm looking forward to using up some of my stash. I'm going to get that button now for my blog.

Maria said...

Thankyou Heidi for sharing. Will put the button on my blog.

Leah Spencer said...

I'm thinking of joining in - I have a honey bun that could be used up. :)

Mandy Noble said...

Ooh, count me in! I have put a link on my blog.

Crystal Hendrix said...

Thanks for the button! You come up with some cute buttons!

Joanna said...

I'd like to join in. I saw the same quilt in LLBean and loved it too. I am also a beginner, I'll tag along.

Jamie said...

I'd love to give this a whirl! Count me in please. I'm going to post the button on my blog right now!

Kim said...

this should be fun....
postage stamp quilts have been around since ladies had a little square of scrap fabric.

Happy sewing

Bonnie said...

I would love to do this. I'll post your button.

Centergranny said...

I have wanted to make a Postage Stamp quilt for years! I will try to figure out how to post your button on my blog.

Just Ramblin' said...

This sounds like fun. I, too, have wanted to make a Postage Stamp quilt but always thought it would be hard and take too much time. Can't wait to get started. Have posted your button on my blog. Nola

Simone de Klerk said...

this sounds like fun! I think I will join you!

Diane said...

This looks like fun, and since I am only in three other quilt alongs right now, I should have lots of time!

jillybee said...

I'm in too, as I have lots of fabric still collecting dust. Thanks for organizing this.

New follower too, and I put your button on my blog.

Blessings,
Jilly

Pinkadot Quilts said...

This sounds like so much fun...I have tons of scraps so I think I must do this!

Joanne said...

This sounds great, I'm in. Thanks for doing this Heidi.
I've add the button to my blog.

SheilaC said...

I have added the button too.... now to see what I have for fabrics to use..

SheilaC

Anonymous said...

I am joining in on the fun! I LOVE postage stamp quilts, thanks for organizing this! Adding the button to my bloggity blog!
melissa

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

I'm joining in too. I love postage stamp quilts. This sounds like fun. Adding the button to my blog too.

anne said...

hey this sounds like fun, then I can use up some ugly fabric and then I can buy some yummy fabbie to replace it, hahahah When will you post the What we need list, sooooon I hope.

Madelyn said...

Thanks for the alongIt's going to be a lot of fun. I will post your button on my blog.

Molly said...

Sounds like fun! I love postage stamp quilts! :)

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

hmmmm this sounds like it could be me, keen to use up some stash!

Kelli said...

Sounds fun! I think I'll join in!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait!

Kerry said...

Really looking forward to it.
Have put the button on my blog.