Friday, January 29, 2010

Hit the Road Jack...

I'm gearing up for a very exciting weekend!!! My sewing buddy, Bobbi, is coming to town today. She's probably loading up her Denali (aka The Bus) right now! My boys are equally excited cuz she's bringing her youngest with her. Me and my Boys can't wait.

We are taking a class together tomorrow (not that we need a class on bag making). We've made enough bags between the two of us to fill any women's closet.. and then some. But - the ladies at one of my favorite quilt stores here in Phoenix highly recommended this class for the FUN FACTOR. It is being taught by the two Moda Designers "Me & My Sister". Word on the street is that their classes are a HOOT.. more like a party than a class.

They had Bobbi and I at PARTY!!! (Woah.. got a lil flashback there of what "Party" used to mean to Bobbi and I... wow.. times have changed. It's amazing what marriage and motherhood does to a girl).

This is the new bag pattern that we will be making by Me & My Sister:


We will post pictures later this weekend (probably on Sunday) of our bags that we make.. and tell you whether "The Sisters" live up to their reputation for a "Good Time".

And.. if we remember to grab the camera between all our laughter this weekend.. we'll post some fun pictures of us too.
So.. here's to laughing so hard that your face hurts!!
Pin It

10 comments:

Carol said...

That's awesome Heidi. Have fun at Quiltz tomorrow. I saw that class and considered it. Can't wait to see your bag and hear all about the ladies from Me and My Sister.

Shaina said...

Oh,that bag totally rocks. I'm in love.

Crystal Hendrix said...

I am so jealous of you! I love the 3Sisters designs the best! I hope you guys have a fun time! Enjoy yourself!

Maria said...

That's great that Bobbi is coming for a visit and you two can go to a fun workshop together.
Looking forward to seeing your funny pics as well as the beautiful bag you will be making.

Poppyprint said...

Party on quilty mommas!

Trisha said...

That bag is the best. I am going to have make myself one! Have a great party, I mean class:)

Val said...

How fun! I hope you have a ball. I know you will just being together. The bag is gorgeous.

Dandelion Quilts said...

I hope you girls had fun..that bag sure is cute! :) How neat to have a class by the designers themselves.

Maggey and Jim said...

Love the bag and have fun.. Welcome to blogland, new myself and enjoying all the chatter..
Maggey

Pat said...

That is such a pretty bag, Heidi. Really nice. I'am working on a couple today to take over to my sister when I visit her this coming week. I hope you have lots of fun with your guests!