Monday, October 26, 2009

Hushabye Quilt... so sweet

I wanted to wait and take pictures of this quilt in the sun when it came up tomorrow morning.. but I just couldn't wait to share it.

The quilt was requested by a friend who is giving it to her niece at a baby shower soon. I loosely used this pattern from the Moda Bake Shop. The "recipe" on the Moda Bake Shop actually makes a large quilt - so I basically only did half of it.

I used the fabric line "Hushabye" by Tula Pink. Instead of using a jelly roll of fabric I used a charm pack and some fat quarters. And my white was not a jelly roll either.. I cut it myself from yardage. Basically - I did it all the hard way. But that's what I had to work with. I didn't want to have go out and buy more fabric.

The finished size is 42 x 54 (before I washed it) which is big for a baby quilt. I didn't do all the borders from the original recipe because that would have made it 48 x 60.

I personalized it with the baby's name.. Emma Rose. I will be delivering it in the morning and can't wait to see what she thinks!

It turned out so adorable don't you think? Pin It

2 comments:

Bobbi said...

its adorable!!! wow they will cherish that for life! i love your fabrics and pattern too! GREAT JOB!!!

window into our life of love, joy, and adventures! said...

that turned out very lovely and I am sure it will be a very well loved quilt!